Tuesday, October 7, 2008

I'm a lotus











A Lotus grows out of mud and sludge to become something extra-ordinary. This blog is dedicated to inspiring you to do so.

To find the effortless satisfaction that comes from claiming your own personal Dharma (full-filled life purpose), and inspiring others to do the same!

This poem was written at one of my earliest moments of awakening, with the kind, warm, whisper of a dear friend, (thank you, my beloved Rex), echoing in my ear:







I’m a Lotus:

Those who take
Stealing petals of my blossom

Awakening beauty
To bury in weeds and mud

Lost in the annihilation of my soul
Ignorant of peace

He breathes life into my heart
Casting off the money changers
Softest warmth of his whisper
In my ear saying:

“You are the Temple”

Syl Carson, SYLILOQUIES A BOOK OF POETRY
Copyright © 1990 by White Mountain Yoga L.L.C

No comments: